Senior Federal Sales Development Rep
At Zebra, we extend the edge of possibility by shaping the future of work on the front line—reinventing how businesses run and moving society forward.
We are a community of changemakers, innovators and doers who come together to deliver a performance edge to the front line of business. We develop new technologies and create new solutions with partners to help organizations act with greater visibility, connectivity, and intelligence—delivering better experiences for workers and those they serve.
Being a part of Zebra means being seen, heard, valued, and respected as you define your path to a fulfilling career. Here, you'll have opportunities to learn and lead at a leading company, and you can channel your skills towards causes that you and the Zebra community care about, locally, and globally.
Together, we've only begun to define the edge of what's possible—for our people, our customers, and the world.
The Federal Senior Sales Development rep takes ownership of new product, services, and/or solutions sales for assigned end-user account(s) or territory within the Federal Government vertical, specifically the DOD (Department of Defense). Develops and executes sales strategy for assigned account(s) or territory with manager's input; develops strong relationships with key customer contacts and leverages to Zebra's advantage; creates and delivers high impact sales presentations and capable of product training; often used for those with strong technical background but limited sales experience. Develops and executes sales strategies for new products, services and solutions with minimal input from manager for a higher level of financial responsibility; proactively sells solutions independently or in conjunction with Zebra's broader product portfolio. As required, leverages relationships with other business units and/or external partners to deliver solution; Develops strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers; Initiates and leads customer presentations and value proposition creation.
The remote role must reside within a reasonable driving distance to Washington DC (willing to consider talent directly within the DC area or Mid-Atlantic states). Travel to be expected as business dictates.
- Technical Skills - Uses advanced domain/solutions knowledge to competitive advantage
- Knowledge of Zebra - Provides input into development of business products/services; understands and follows multi-business protocols
- Sales Skills - Develops and adapts advanced sales strategies to unique customer needs; creates customer partnerships
- Managerial Skills - Often leads others in their development; provides input to policies and practices
- Business Acumen - Develops business solutions and directly addresses financial issues resulting in profitable revenue growth for Zebra; able to coordinate and present complete, complex solutions that meet customer needs and beat competition
- Market/customer Knowledge - Acts as a resource to customers based on intimate knowledge of relevant industries and needs
- Solution Complexity/Strategic Thinking
- Nature of Problems Solved - Solves complex problems which may require unique solutions (e.g unique applications of existing technologies) that are used across the business in similar situations
- Role in Addressing Problems - Leads problem resolution, identifies appropriate resources, develops contingency plans
- Complexity of Solutions - Typically medium to high complexity; has several complex projects, all which require unique coordination of technical resources; multi-country issues may be involved
- Freedom to Act
- Level of Guidance - Demonstrates wide latitude for decisive action which could impact business initiatives/programs; exercises independent judgment within broadly defined practices/policies in selecting approach and technique
- Takes Direction From - Manager and Business Unit Directors
- Customer Interface
- Role - Often leads semi-formal teams or significant portions of a large permanent team
- Level of Customer Contact - Multiple decision makers and influencers for large deals with complexity
- Main Level of Interaction - Leads negotiations on complex deals which may be primarily technical, financial or both
- Required Knowledge of Customer - Industry strategies and customer positioning; customer financials and business drivers
- Business and Financial Impact - Responsible for revenue attainment, margins where appropriate, and personal expenses
- Relative Size and Scope - Average to high individual quota for business in like roles or strategic growth potential to be there within a year or two
- Types of Projects - Moderately complex deals with a few large, complex deals
- Strategic Impact for Zebra - High in near term; medium in mid-term
- Bachelors or equivalent experience
- 5 + years of selling technical solutions to US Federal Government agencies, preferably experience with the DOD
- Robust network of contacts in the industry
- Must reside within a reasonable driving distance to Washington DC (willing to consider talent directly within the DC area or Mid-Atlantic states). ~ 50% travel to be expected as business dictates.
- Must be willing to both hunt/prospect for new business and sell/account manage existing customer accounts
- Experience selling mobile technology solutions (handhelds, printers, tablets) a strong differentiator
- Supply chain experience
- Must be comfortable selling in a highly technical environment and possess sophisticated technical comprehension
- Demonstrated ability to develop and adapt advanced sales strategies to unique customer needs and advance partner relationships
- Uses advanced domain/solutions knowledge to competitive advantage
- Develops and adapts advanced sales strategies to unique customer needs; creates customer partnerships
- Often leads others in their development; provides input to policies and practices
Please note that this position will be providing services under a federal contract. As a result, completion of a successful federal security clearance is a requirement of the position. The applicant must complete and return to the federal agency a detailed security questionnaire as well as consent to and pass the following background screens:
- US citizen required - individual must be able to obtain a Public Trust/Sensitive Security Clearance
- 7 year employment/education verification
- 5 year credit check
- A pre-employment drug screen which will test for federally controlled substances, including THC, irrespective of state law
- 5 year fingerprinted criminal background screen
- 7 year criminal county search
- Federal Criminal Search- all counties lived and worked in 7 years
- 7 year multi jurisdiction search
- Social Security Trace
- Drug Test- 9 panel drug test
- The federal agency and Zebra will comply with all applicable state and federal laws in administering background screening, including laws respecting consumer reports
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/eeoisthelawposter.pdf. The EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/ginasupplement.pdf.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Zebra Total Rewards includes more than just pay and is structured to meet the needs of our changing global business and evolving talent. We are committed to providing our employees with a benefits program that is comprehensive and competitive – including healthcare, wellness, inclusion networks, and continued learning and development offerings. We offer community service days, in addition to the traditional insurances, compensation, parental leave, employee assistance program and paid time off offerings depending on the country where you work.
Salary: USD 101500.00 - USD 152300.00 Yearly
Salary offered will vary depending on your location, job-related skills, knowledge, and experience.
Additionally, all Zebra roles are eligible for cash incentive programs. For example, sales roles have additional opportunity to earn substantial variable compensation tied to quota achievement. In most other roles, the Zebra annual cash incentive program links Company and individual performance together. Some roles may also be eligible for long-term incentive equity awards.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Everyone and everything: Visible, Connected and Optimized.